Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Me

Yes, it's yet another blog. Why, you ask? For one thing, when it comes to trends, I've always prided myself on being fashionably late. Nowadays the bloggers who haven't switched to twittering are busy angling for jobs in the new administration. (Or campaigning to impeach the president-elect.)

The more relevant reason is that I spend a lot of time in my head. I have since I was a kid. Sometimes the thoughts between my ears build up to such an extent that the only way I can work through them is to write them out. (You wouldn't believe how long I spent trying to compose that previous sentence in such a way that doesn't make me seem mentally unsound.)
Before today I would get on my computer and pound out short stories, essays, whatever needed saying. This has been going on for years and last night while I was lying awake I realized the next step was to put it online.

Given that, I'll be posting irregularly about whatever topics have seized my fancy: my job, my family, politics, music, books, films, whatever. As an aspiring author (I've self-published a textbook already and will probably be posting about that experience) I'll also be using this space to organize my thoughts and try out some ideas. I'm also an instructor at a small college and may occasionally comment on my experiences there. I don't know how this is all going to work out, but I'll try not to be boring or trite (I'm doing this for an audience of me, after all) so we'll just see how it goes.

No comments: